An exciting week for Ten Minutes More as we got invited to go inside the auspicious location of Number 10 Downing Street and see what exactly is behind that front door.
We were proud to have been chosen as one of 100 Small Businesses for 2016 by the brilliant Small Business Saturday. It’s certainly a rollercoaster of emotions being a solo-preneur but this was a lovely pat on the back and recognition for the role that small businesses play (There are 5.5 million of us in the UK)
So behind that famous door we found:
- A stunning staircase.
- Portraits of every previous Prime Minister but noted that David Cameron’s not made it up there yet.
- Amazing Canapés – quail eggs and chilli salt anyone? (Washed down with mulled wine –yum!)
- No chairs to sit down on – come on Teresa – sort it out!
- An original Lowry at the top of the staircase.
- And sadly no sign of Larry the resident cat.
But above all we found amazing vibrancy and energy from the 100 diverse small businesses represented inside including Wedding Dress designers, Magicians, Hula Hoopers, and Aromatherapy Chocolatiers.
I also had the pleasure of talking to Small Business Minister Margot James who of course was keen to hear my ideas on what they could do to improve the happiness of the cabinet!
It was an fantastic experience. Thank you Small Business Saturday.